As of 2016, Vanilla Ink added skills development workshops to the package. As each Goldsmith is unique the skills package can only be determined by you. You get to tailor the programme to suit your needs and your development. Working with the industry's best goldsmiths we will work to provide workshops that will further develop your bench skills in various practices.
This may include;
- Advanced Stone Setting
- 3D Printing
- Wax carving
You will play a part in requesting the type of skills you feel you may benefit from to advance your practice and your confidence. This could be a completely new skill or an advancement of a current skill.
The professional development workshops runs for 6 months of the 9 month programme and works with official partners of Vanilla Ink to deliver exciting and meaningful workshops. The workshops are designed for start-ups to help you think about your practice and how to put that in to industry. The programme is 6 sessions of workshops delivered by expert trainers and the 6 'Meet the Maker' events that are designed to offer honest insights into the making practice from experienced makers and designers.
Each session lasts a full day (10am - 6pm) and you will be expected to commit to every session, the sessions will cover;
- Designing your future - Working through your true goals from where you are now and where you want to be.
- Business Model Canvas - Using the canvas, this workshop is designed to help structure your business plan.
- Brand You - How to create a persona for your business and how that is communicated to the wider audience.
- Marketing & Audience Development - Understanding your market and how to reach them. Contacting the press and harnessing social media.
- Your business - The practicalities of running a business, how to price your work, managing cash flow and setting up as a sole trader or limited company.
- Presenting yourself & Final Review - How to master the pitch and then The Pitch.
The Vanilla Ink programme will run again in March 2018, if you are interested in becoming an Inker please fill out the form on this page.