CAD for Beginners
CAD for Beginners
Two-day split course
Sunday 13th May / Sunday 20th May
Sunday 21st Oct / Sunday 28th Oct
Select your chosen date below.
Tutor: Anne Walker of Heist Jewellery
A two-day course on which you will learn how to understand different modelling techniques using software that will enable you to create models that can be fabricated using CAM [computer aided manufacture] to generate product. Together you will learn how to navigate through viewports, explore the various and extensive toolbars, and how to start creating curves and freeform surfaces with this fabulous tool. We will create simple models, using primitives to start with, progressing to 3D surface models and get you confident in progressing with your own designs.
We will send you a link to download the trial software to be used, once you have signed up to the class.
From Edinburgh, by way of Aberdeen to Glasgow, Anne is a Jeweller with a history. She chose the name heist as it represents the skills she has stolen from her previous career as an architect.
Happy working at the bench, Anne also derives satisfaction from interpreting her designs and fine tuning details using CAD and 3D printing technology. Anne continually develops her skills by exploring the opportunities that scripting and panelling could offer alongside stone setting.
Course participants should have:
- A basic grasp of 2D design and drawing
- Jewellers should be confident in stone setting on the bench as these skills are transferrable to this class and will support your learning in CAD – not essential, but will be beneficial.
Please bring with you your own:
- laptop, power cable and mouse
- Notepad and pen / pencil
- Set of digital or manual callipers
- An open mind, be enthusiastic and have plenty of snacks and water to fuel your brain
- Realistic expectations – you will not become proficient in 3D modelling overnight! This software requires dedication to practice…
**please note classes may be cancelled due to lack of attendees. In the unlikely event, you will be fully refunded and notified the day before the class is scheduled. If you can not attend the class but someone you know can take your place then please let us know ahead of the class, we can only refund the class if there is at least 3 days notice.**
Vanilla Ink Jewellery School
19 Argyle Court
The Hidden Lane
1103 Argyle Street