We are very excited to announce that we are looking for a freelance researcher to help us with the next developments of Vanilla Ink Studios.
The full details are listed below, we would love to hear from you or maybe you know the perfect candidate then send them our way.
VANILLA INK STUDIOS LTD
FREELANCE RESEARCHER (10 DAYS)
DEADLINE 11TH JULY – MIDNIGHT
INTERVIEWS WILL TAKE PLACE ON THE 12TH, 13TH OR 14TH OF JULY
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Vanilla Ink is Scotland’s unique jewellery studio, with the aim of developing new talent by providing a supportive incubator ‘pod’. Vanilla Ink enables the UK’s best new designers to develop and grow their business in a fully equipped workshop, with each 'Inker' given tailored mentoring and monthly professional development workshops throughout the year- the perfect starter package to ensure each ‘Inker’ develops confidence and business skills to last a lifetime.
Vanilla Ink also has the skills, facilities and resources to teach the next generation of makers who will be at the forefront of the Scottish Jewellery and Silversmith industry.
JOB DESCRIPTION (OVERVIEW):
Vanilla Ink is looking to commission a researcher to investigate the current landscape of jewellery being taught in the Renfrewshire area. We want the researcher to cover the following:
- Where does Jewellery sit within the local schools curriculum?
- What do the current qualifications offer across secondary education in the area?
- How do Jewellery and the wider Crafts industry engage with young people in Renfrewshire?How do schools, young people and their parents/guardians value jewellery and craft skills education?
- How and where do young people progress to develop their craft skills and knowledge after secondary education?
- What does the local industry look like and where is it located?
- How does the local industry view its role in skills development?
- What are the national and regional crafts and other agencies that need to be engaged?
- How is the Modern Apprenticeships in Jewellery and Craft businesses delivered locally?
- What would Vanilla Ink’s role and functions from a skills perspective be in Renfrewshire?
- What are the key partnerships Vanilla Ink will need to establish to deliver these roles effectively?
- A written report of 2000 words, giving a visual and engaging response to the findings in laymen’s terms.
- Mix of desk and user centric research.
- The report will be submitted to the research funders, Skills Development Scotland and Vanilla Ink Studios Ltd.
Start date: 18th July
End date: 5th September
Rate: capped fee at £2000 plus travel expenses. £1000 paid upfront, remaining balance and expenses paid upon delivery of the report.
Location: Self-directed (Scotland)
Role: Would suit a graduate position.
Please email your CV along with a cover letter detailing why you would like this job and what relevant experience you have. Interest in craft is desirable but not essential to firstname.lastname@example.org